Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Finished Gift for Bonny

And i'm loving it !!! 
 this is the first one of these I've attempted and I do love it,  I used lots of bits and bobs of what I had, found, scrounged and I even made the paper flower,  I wanted a couple little flourishes so cut them from card, ( cant you tell) lol  and i'm still waiting for the postman with my orders !!   

So this is a gift for our friends daughter who is turning 21 this weekend and I know she loves handmade anything so I wanted to really give this a go.  I cut up the invitation which is a picture of her when she was about 8 , she is such a gorgeous girl and I really wanted to make her something with meaning that she could keep.   I've had so much fun in making this although I did get a bit scared to actually start glueing things down, then thought, oh just get on with it  and see how it turns out, so I did and cant wait to get into the next one !!!


8 comments:

  1. Looks great Karen! I know she'll cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift, Karen. You did a great job. It is so personal as well and I love the fact that it is all recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friends daughter will love it, I'm sure. Great that you have reused items too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Lin, I hope she feels its a nice keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what happens when you just let go and glue! Love the piece and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Patti, I appreciate you stopping by to :)

    ReplyDelete