Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Finished Gift for Bonny

And i'm loving it !!! 
 this is the first one of these I've attempted and I do love it,  I used lots of bits and bobs of what I had, found, scrounged and I even made the paper flower,  I wanted a couple little flourishes so cut them from card, ( cant you tell) lol  and i'm still waiting for the postman with my orders !!   

So this is a gift for our friends daughter who is turning 21 this weekend and I know she loves handmade anything so I wanted to really give this a go.  I cut up the invitation which is a picture of her when she was about 8 , she is such a gorgeous girl and I really wanted to make her something with meaning that she could keep.   I've had so much fun in making this although I did get a bit scared to actually start glueing things down, then thought, oh just get on with it  and see how it turns out, so I did and cant wait to get into the next one !!!


8 comments:

  1. Looks great Karen! I know she'll cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift, Karen. You did a great job. It is so personal as well and I love the fact that it is all recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much Lizet xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends daughter will love it, I'm sure. Great that you have reused items too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Lin, I hope she feels its a nice keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what happens when you just let go and glue! Love the piece and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Patti, I appreciate you stopping by to :)

    ReplyDelete