Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Covers

New Journal covers and making them inside out !!!!
I blogged about this over on the  and all the silly mistakes i made, getting confused with the inside outside and right way round
First layout of hand spun yarn and silk threads
I did put white on top instead of on the inside and this green was supposed to be on the outside under the threads

then this was supposed to be the inside of the cover as you opened it up
but silly me got really confused and ended up with the white on the outside, and now of course you cant see the other colors at all !!!!
I couldnt believe how i did that but i kind of like it anyway so its not all lost lol
Next one with silk threads and sari ribbon
i cheated this time and used the same fiber all over, thinking i was clever :)
Then i forgot which side to cut and almost cut the wrong side, its quite hard to remember where your thread side is once its all covered in other fiber
But i guess they turned out ok, although a little wonky but   I'm on a mission now to get this journal cover making down patt, if its the last thing i do lol
I did have fun though so Happy Felting to You :)